Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Replies To "God Is With Us In The Middle Of It All"

Today's RST starts with a couple of responses to the previous thoughts...

"I think I remember reading these this past semester. It's a great reminder because times seem like they are getting harder and every day life is a battle. If I just get a break, it's only a brief rest for what's next to come. It's never ending! One issue passes and here comes another. So far it's only been raining one day at a time and I am thankful it's not the snowball effect--those times are the worst ones!"

"Dude, I don't know how you knew how extra HEAVY LADEN I've been feeling this week but nonetheless, thank you for that comforting reminder! I just wish sometimes that I could engrave these promising words onto my thick skull so as to serve as a constant reminder that I'M NOT IN CONTROL! I keep telling myself, 'I've left them at the foot of the cross,' only to find myself picking the @#$%^! things back up again and dragging them with me all over hells half-acre! (Have you noticed that semi-trailer of baggage I've been lugging around lately? That ain't just a bunch of A/V equipment I've been housing in there, believe you me!). So thank you again for the prayers with extra "umph." Lord knows we all could use an extra measure of His blessing every day. The question comes to mind is, how many of us are actually going to drop the 'umbrellas' that prevent us from harvesting the bounty of His grace, the blessings that continue to pour down around us?"

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Juana and Ronnie...Kinda gets a dude thinkin'...

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!"Psalm 81:13,14

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon."For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:6-9

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.Psalm 34:10

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also...No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?...So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."Matthew 6:19-34

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: