Monday, July 31, 2006

God Of Peace

Been running across passages for the past several weeks that have been speaking to me and really moving me though it's not always clear why...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6,7

"So too the Holy Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads on our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance."
Romans 8:26

"God is not a God of confusion, but of peace."
1 Corinthians 14:33

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27


Hmmmm...He understands our "unspeakable yearnings" and our "groanings too deep for utterance," thoughts that we can't even put into words, and still He says, "don't let your heart be troubled, and don't be afraid"... "my peace I give you."

Thank you Father...

I've been prayed for today (as have you).

No comments: