Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another Reply to "God 'In It' With Us"

Today's RST is a response to an earlier one about God being with us all the time and especially when we're "neck deep in 'it'"---whatever "it" may be...


"There is great peace in leaving our worries, challenges and concerns at the foot of the cross. I've experienced that over the last week, and it's awesome. Trouble is, like Ronnie has done, I too will likely find myself picking them right back up and trying to make a difference on my own.

"I'd just read the RST last night, and this morning in my devotional I opened my Bible to Ps. 125:1,2, what a great follow-up, I thought I would share, this is awesome: 'Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever.' Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever. May our faith in God grow so much that we can leave our cares at the foot of the cross, knowing full well that this is where we ought to be ourselves, trusting and believing that God wants to pour out his blessings upon us. Trusting in God ensures security and promises His loving arms around us.

"So dump the trailer Ronnie [ed.: a highly amusing choice of phrase given your recent experience with way-loaded trailers in Yosemite], and let the blessings flow! God bless."

Thanks, Noemi, for sharing your thoughts with the rest of the list. I know we've quoted it before but I never get tired of hearing it (and need to keep it at the forefront of my mind and heart, regardless of what's going on around me). Turns out He wants me to bring my heavy, awkwardly-shaped, painful burdens, and exchange them for His peace and rest of soul--Matthew 11:28, 29 says: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."


You've been prayed for today...while we're at it, why don't you pray, too--how 'bout some rest for your soul? He wants to give it to you.

No comments: