Friday, July 7, 2006

Contentment, Regardless

Hello one last time from (after several beautiful days) once-again-not-very-sunny South Florida. Had a perfect weekend in North Florida at the reunion followed by a day of rain and then several gorgeous days in Miami and the Keys, and the last couple have been stormy and restful--nothing like a real thunderstorm for reading and napping and generally relaxing!

Today's RST was triggered by a quote Bud used as his "signature" for a while--and it got me thinking...

"I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."
--Martha Washington

Sounds like Ms. Washington did some reading of her Bible, because Philippians 4:11-13 says, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Thanks, Bud, always good to recall that passage and apply it to my life (yet again).

You've each been prayed for today...and happy Sabbath!

No comments: