Wednesday, January 11, 2006

RST -- Vision Problem

Hey, Y'all,
 
Today's RST is brought to you by Sharon (thanks!) who was responding to an earlier thought--here they are...
 
 
 "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans."  Romans 8:26 (The Message Bible)
 
"Our problem is not so much that God doesn't give us what we hope for as much as it is that we're not entirely sure of the right thing for which to hope."  
 
Our "vision" is not so good as humans.  Most things we want are simply a reflection of what this world gives or expects...I am really trying to "set my heart on things above [as it says in Colossians 3] not on earthly things."  It's only when I lower my thinking to this world that things get cloudy and hard.  I have so much peace when I remember who's in charge.  God knows what I need...and what I DON'T need.  All I want to do is trust in Him for the good things in life.  And I mean really trust...not hedge-my-bets trust.  Do yo know what I mean?
 

That's the good stuff there, Sharon--thanks for bringing a word from the Lord our way today.  You've been prayed for today (as have all of you).
 
 
 


Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

No comments: