Tuesday, January 10, 2006

RST -- LIFE 101

Hey, Y'all,
 
Today's RST comes from Noemi and her family (thanks!).  BTW, there will soon be a link to a blog containing archived RSTs (as soon as I figure out how to edit it properly--my "webmaster" Jose says it's cake but evidently I'm a bit of a doofus--as soon as it's ready I'll pass on the link).
 
As always, you've been prayed for today...

______________________________________________________
Hi Juan,

We've begun a new tradition in our home, we read a story together every night. Tonight's was particularly cool and I thought I'd share. It's title is LIFE 101.

I'm learning that some of the most successful people I know didn't have a clue what the future held on graduation day.
I'm learning that a good sense of humor is money in the bank. In life. On the job. In a marriage.
I'm learning that a good attitude can control situations you can't. That any bad experience can be a good one. It all depends on me.
I'm learning that you can do something in an instant, that will give you heartache for life.
I'm learning that bitterness and gossip accomplish nothing, but forgiveness and love accomplish everything.
I'm learning that it takes years to build trust, and seconds to destroy it.
I'm learning to always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time I see them.
I'm learning that if I'm standing on the edge of a cliff, the best way forward is to back up. That you don't fail when you lose, you fail when you quit.
I'm learning that too many people spend a lifetime stealing time from those who love them the most. Trying to please the ones who care about them the least.
I'm learning that money is a lousy way of keeping score. That true success is not measured in cars, or homes, or bank accounts, but in relationships. Put God first. The others will follow.
I'm learning that having enough money isn't nearly as much fun as I thought it would be when I didn't have any. That money buys less than you think. A house but not a home. Vacations but not peace. Sex but not love.
I'm learning that helping others is far more rewarding than helping myself. That those who laugh more worry less. That when I grow up I wanna be a kid.
I'm learning that you cannot make anyone love you. But you can work on being loveable.
I'm learning that I will never regret a moment spent reading the Bible or praying. Or a kind word. Or a day at the beach.
I'm learning that laughter and tears are nothing to be ashamed of. To celebrate the good things. And pray about the bad.
And I'm learning that the most important thing in the world is loving God. That everything good comes from that.

(Quoted in Stories for the Extreme Tean's Heart from Who Put the Skunk in the Trunk?)

--Noemi

 


Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

No comments: