Friday, January 13, 2006

RST -- Search Me

Today's RST is based on a thought from a little daily devotional book by Oswald Chambers called "My Utmost For His Highest" (January 9 if you're curious)--pretty cool...
 
First, read Psalm 139...
 
The psalmist implies--"O Lord, you are the God of the early morning's light, the God of the late night's starry darkness, the God of the mountain peaks, and the God of the deepest sea.  But, my Lord and Father, my soul has horizons further away than those early mornings, deeper darknesses than any midnight on earth, higher peaks than any mountain peaks, and greater depths than the deepest sea.  You who are the God of all of these, be my God.  I cannot reach the heights, nor the depths; there are motives I cannot discern, dreams I cannot realize.  My God, search me...
 
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
    And lead me in the way everlasting.
                                          Psalm 139:23-24
 
You've been prayed for today.
 
 
 
 


Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

No comments: