Friday, January 27, 2006

Follow-up -- "Renew Me"

Today's RST is a follow-up on the "Renew Me" thought--thanks Susana for sharing your thoughts...

Thanks [Juan] Carlos,

I do not have a sound card in my computer at work, but the words are very powerful. The paragraph that really got me was this:


"Why do I live like I'm in chains
When You have set me free?
And why do I have to break Your heart
Before I fall to my knees?
I know it's time to pray for change
Give all I have to give
I want to love You better than this "

I pray when I start my day, I ask my Lord for a lot of things, I ask Him to be with me along the day, to help me to interact with other people, to do what it is right, to keep my family safe, to help me at my work, I pray for those I know are sick or have a burden, and the list is long...and yet, at some point along the day, I allow the world to take over me, I let go of His hand. I became angry, stressed, upset, worried. And that's how I feel, like I'm in chains. It seems I can't let a day go through without breaking His heart.

I guess I have been missing the point: I should not ask Him just to be with me, but to lead me, probably before anything else I should start my prayer like this:


"So renew me, Remake me
Undo me, Unbreak me
Come into the empty spaces
Of my broken places
And consume me, Complete me
Pursue me, Redeem me
Let Your Holy Spirit living through me
Renew me

I need Your power to renew me, Lord,
I need to know You're moving through me, Lord"



Amen to that--and you've each been prayed for today...

No comments: