Sunday, January 29, 2006

RST -- Am I? Do I?

Hey, Y'all,
 
Hope you've had a restful and renewing weekend.  Today's RST is based on a thought from the little devotional book "My Utmost For His Highest" and brings home some of the thoughts we touched on a couple of RSTs ago--it's somewhat pointed and not a little hardcore (especially part 2), but really thought-provoking, so check it out (if you think you're ready  )...
 
 
1:   Am I kind to God or am I only expecting Him to be kind to me?  Here's what I mean: I say I have a relationship--a relationship!--and in fact a good and even loving relationship with Him, I may even have taken His "family name" as my own--Christian; how carefully am I handling that relationship?  Has my life reflected well on His reputation?  Have I made Him proud with what I say?  Does everything I spend my time doing--or for that matter thinking--fill His heart with gladness?  Or do I pain my Heavenly Father and injure His family as only a self-centered and disobedient child can?
 
2:   Reminds me of the thought we shared some time ago: everything, everything, has spiritual meaning and consequences, whether we realize it or not.  My thoughts, the decisions and actions they engender, everything that goes on around me (and between my ears) has spiritual meaning and ramifications; do I think things through in that light?  Hmmm...
 
 
You've been prayed for today...
 
 
 


Bring words and photos together (easily) with
PhotoMail - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.

No comments: