Sunday, February 26, 2006

Where's God?

Today's RST came to mind after a conversation with a friend (more on that in the next RST) and is based on a thought from Max Lucado's And The Angels Were Silent...


So you say you're 'on a quest,' that you're searching for God, searching for 'Truth.' That's excellent! Where is God, you ask? Here's some truth for you to chew on: He lives in the forgotten. He has taken up residence with the ignored. He has made a mansion amidst the ill. If we want to see God we must leave the ivory towers and go among the broken and the beaten, the tired and the worn; there we will see Him: where He has always been. If it's true that you want to follow Him, to do His work, then that's where you'll find Him. What have you done today to further His work? Anything? Or have you just blindly pressed on with the status quo because it's less hassle?

Jesus replied, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do." Then he added, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: `I want you to be merciful; I don't want your sacrifices.' For I have come to call sinners, not those who think they are already good enough." Matthew 9:12,13

"`Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'
"Then these righteous ones will reply, `Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?' And the King will tell them, `I assure you: when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me.'" Matthew 25:34-40

That's some truth there, and as Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31


You've been prayed for today...

No comments: