Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"So what does 'the kingdom of God' look like?"

Thanks, Kathy (Khittee!) for sharing your thoughts on the previous RST...

"This is actually one of my favorite passages and is where a lot of my day-to-day theology comes from. The story starts at the beginning of Matthew 24, where the disciples ask Jesus, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" Jesus’ answer is interesting and covers chapters 24 and 25. He tells what the signs will be and He tells his disciples to be ready. And finally, at the end of chapter 25, he tells us what the kingdom of God will look like. It will look like people feeding the hungry, quenching thirst, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and imprisoned, welcoming strangers. This kingdom is not something that is going to happen “up there and far away;” it is something that can happen now—if WE make it that way. It makes me think daily of my place on this earth. If it is my job to make God’s kingdom a present reality to the world, what am I doing about it?"
Love that. Heaven can begin here--it's my choice.
You've been prayed for today...

No comments: