Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Find Rest In God Alone

Hey, Y'all,

Ran across this verse the other day and it rang true, resonated deep inside:

My soul finds rest in God alone;
My salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1,2

In another version it's the imperative, "Find rest, O my soul, in God," and that also struck a chord in my heart--would that I could simply decide and command my easily distractable mind to be still and find peace and rest in His presence, especially in light of how this text is translated in another version:

"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him."

Indeed. And hopefully, in deed as well. Funny how different versions shed light on the different facets and subtleties of meaning, huh?

You've been prayed for today...why don't you try it yourself; be still, see if you don't experience His peace, His rest, His victory.

No comments: