Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eternity In Your Heart

Hey, Y'all,

Don't recall where I ran across this but I enjoyed it thoroughly...

"'He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.' Ecclesiastes 3:11. What a grand and gracious act---that even in fallen man, you and I, God has placed 'eternity' in our hearts! Something of vastness that we don't understand, yet yearn for; something of greatness that we long to attain."

Ever get that feeling, that there's more? That things ought to be better? That's no coincidence, you know; you were designed for eternity, you were built for unending peace and joy and on some level rebel against the idea of anything short of that. Do I fully get this idea? Nope...but I do know that God is good for having placed it there.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: