Sunday, December 9, 2007

Tearless Morning

Hey, Y'all,

Today's RST is a follow-up to the previous one--thanks Bud for passing this along (you did indeed share this with me before :-) and I agree, there is a definitely something inspired about many of these hymns--it's no accident that they're still being sung and touching people, in some cases hundreds of years after their composition. Powerful words...

"In addition to Isaiah's inspired words, I believe that George Matheson's beautiful words of promise were inspired as well: O Love That Will Not Let Me Go (I rest my weary soul in thee ). They always come to my mind at the loss of a loved-one. It seems that I've shared Matheson's words with you before, but I will share them again. What a waking up morning that will be, my friend...


O joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain:
That morn shall tearless be.

In the interim, we can rejoice in the knowledge that He understands and surrounds us with His steadfast love and care during these times of loss and bereavement."

Thanks again for the reminder, Bud, and indeed, what a morning that will be: I trace the rainbow through the rain, and feel the promise is not vain: that morn shall tearless be.


You've been prayed for today...

No comments: