Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wonderful; Counselor; Mighty God; Everlasting Father; Prince of Peace...

Hey, Y'all,

Today's message (which we've obviously been trying to get out for a few days) is a verse that I heard several times during the various peri-Christmas services, and as is often the case it sounded familiar and yet brand new--funny how that works. It's Isaiah 9:6 which spoke to the birth of the long-promised Messiah several hundred years down the road (and it of course rang most triumphantly in Handel's "Messiah" over a millennium-and-a-half after that event :-)

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulders.
His name will be called
Wonderful,
Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.

I guess it was the names that struck me this time: Wonderful; Counselor; Mighty God; Everlasting Father; Prince Of Peace; all things I really need Him to be in my life--but maybe it's just me? :-)

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: