Thursday, March 15, 2007

Prayer Follow-Up

Hey, Y'all,

Today's RST is a follow-up to the previous ones on prayer and comes to us from Cesiah (thanks!) who also reminded me that it's been a long time since I posted the blog link and described RSTs for the list newcomers (must be that quality SWAU education shining through!).

So what are RSTs? The acronym stands for Random Spiritual Thoughts--though more likely they should be called "not-entirely-Random Spiritual Thoughts" since more often than I can count they've landed precisely on-target for someone. Basically they consist of things we read or hear or epiphanies we have that speak some spiritual truth to us--sometimes simple, sometimes profound, and less and less I think random. So read on...

I'll share what prayer does for me so far as I understand. Prayer is an escape from this 'reality' I live in (you know, like the feeling you get when you step out of the movie theater after being 'lost' in a movie? That's the feeling I have come to label as 'God calling me back to His reality.' Prayer is that movie that takes me back to that place). It's like
Jaci Velasquez' song says, "Un lugar celestial, just a little bit of heaven...where the presence of my Father holds me in His love."

Prayer helps me to remember that I'm not alone in this horrible 'reality'...that the story of my life on earth has yet to have its 'happy ending'--but nevertheless no doubt ITS COMING. That the suffering HAS BEEN avenged--
even if its not visible yet.

Prayer reminds me who I am--the words of Mufasa from "Lion King" ring in my ear now--"Remember who you are..." :-) and hat restoration day is coming! And that this fact is enough to keep me in the battle.

Prayer helps me to consciously drop the noise--and tune into Him (you know, like a soundboard... drop down the knobs to the volume of the other sounds). And finally say..."Lord, so speak to me... I wanna hear YOUR voice."


Thanks Cesiah (BTW, gotta love any RST that contains a "Lion King" reference--"Mufasa!" "OoOoOoOoh!...Say it again!" You're probably gonna try to lay this one on your kids, right? :-)

Words to live by:
Prayer helps me to drop the noise--and tune into Him.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: