Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Persevere (Follow-Up)

Hey, Y'all,

Hope things are good. Before getting back to the Prayer RSTs wanted to follow-up on the idea of perseverance--heard back from a few of you so thought I'd share a couple of your thoughts on that last RST (thanks Tom B. and Sharon!)--but first, I couldn't in good conscience not give you the intro to Isaiah 43:2 (verse 1)--it's an amazing thought, actually...

Now this is what the Lord says;
He created you, people of Jacob;
He formed you, people of Israel.
He says, "Don't be afraid,
because I have saved you.
I have called you by name,
and you are mine."

On to Sharon's thoughts...

Hi there! I too love Isaiah 43:2. Thanks! When I last read Isaiah, something else caught my attention along those lines, in Isaiah 41:10 and 42:16.

I like the thought of my God being big enough to handle my problems. After all he's the Lord Almighty isn't he? "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you." (41:10)

God knows the beginning from the end. God knows all and he loves us, so why do we question him? I suppose it's our humanness. Always thinking that we should have control of the outcomes or know how things should be (?!?). Perhaps when we "let go" then God can really work in our lives and take care of the struggles. "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth." (42:16)

My God is the LORD ALMIGHTY
My God LOVES ME
My God WILL NOT allow me to be OVERCOME...
no matter what comes my way (back to Isaiah 43:2)

Now, if I only would make God the "Lord of my Life!" :-)

Yep...words to live by--all of 'em.

You've been prayed for today.

No comments: