Sunday, March 11, 2007

God's View, God's Creation, God's Triumph

Hey, Y'all,

Today's RST is another thought from Yancey's book on
prayer--it's cool how many of the questions he raises
and points he makes resonate with so many of us. Read
on and mull over!

We live on a broken planet, fallen far from God's
original intent. It takes effort to remember who we
are--God's creation, and faith to imagine what we
someday will be--God's triumph.

Why pray? I have asked this question almost every
day of my christian life, especially when God's
presence seems far away and I wonder if prayer is a
pious form of talking to myself. I have asked it when
I read theology, wondering what use there may be in
repeating what God must surely know.

My conclusions will unfold only gradually, but I
begin here because prayer has become for me much more
than a shopping list of requests to present to God.
It has become a realignment of everything. I pray to
restore the truth of the universe, to gain a glimpse
of the world, and of me, through the eyes of God.

Prayer is the act of seeing reality from God's point
of view.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: