Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fix Your Eyes On Him

Thanks, Eva, for passing this along...

I've been reading the book "The Power Of A Positive Mom" and there was a paragraph that I feel related to a recent RST:

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us," Hebrews 12:1-2 says. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." As we keep our eyes focused on the goal of serving Christ and becoming more like him, we are less distracted in our race by the cares, frustrations, and temptations of the world. Having Jesus as our first and foremost goal keeps us on the right track!


Sounds vaguely familiar, right? In both the Old and New Testaments God says to us, "Trust me when I tell you that you want me on the throne of your life; any other 'god' you put there--person, possession, whatever--will quickly turn into a tyrant and enslave you. But put me on the throne of your life, set your concerns aside and make knowing me and my way your top priority, and you'll find peace, and all your needs taken care of."

(It's all right there, in Exodus 20 and Matthew 22--not to mention Matthew 5-7 but especially 6:33). So thanks again for the reminder, Eva--and Y'all have been prayed for today...

No comments: