Sunday, August 20, 2006

Gridiron Wisdom

Hey, Y'all,

Hope you had a restful and enjoyable weekend. Today's RST is interesting--wisdom from the gridiron (it's not every day I run across an RST in the sports section):

"Fullback Roosevelt Leaks, who faced considerable obstacles in becoming the first black All-American football player at Texas, said 'We all travel different roads. Whether yours is a "tougher" road or not, there are always obstacles on the road. You just have to keep moving forward,' he said. 'The things that at first deter you, they usually make you better.'"

Of course that quote brings to mind Romans 8:28 which we discussed previously, but it also reminded me of John 16:33--"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Interesting that Christ says outright that in this world we will have troubles, but He also says that He wants us to have peace and take heart because He has overcome that same world (which of course reminds us of the also previously mentioned John 14:27--"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid").

So there you have it--God's desire for us (and His promise to us if we access the blessings offered) is a peaceful (peace-full) and untroubled heart, regardless of obstacles and bumps in the road. So...sweet! That sounds like a plan--thanks, Father.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: