Thursday, August 24, 2006

Audio RST -- Psalm 116

So I was on my way to work this morning at "o-dark-thirty," slowly waking up, listening to some mellow gospel music, and I heard this song--funny how early in the AM I seem to hear things a little differently than I do later in the day...and interestingly enough the first couple of verses of Psalm 116 were the verse of the day at BibleGateway.com. So here's the song (e-mailed it--sorry, can't post it here), and here's the Psalm--I hope they bless you as they did me today...

Psalm 116 (excerpts)

I love the LORD, for He heard my voice;
He heard my cry for mercy.
Because He turned his ear to me,
I will call on Him as long as I live.

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, He saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you.

How can I repay the LORD
for all His goodness to me?
O LORD, truly I am your servant;
you have freed me from my chains.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: