Friday, April 18, 2008

He's Awake, And He's Working

Hey, Y'all,

You know, I was just thinking that I seem to be in an "Amplified Bible" kind of mood today, and then I realized that evidently I've also got Philippians on the brain (though admittedly in an oddly inverted fashion, as you'll see)...funny how these things come together. And BTW, ya gotta love the Amplified Bible version--it might seem a little clumsy to read occasionally, but I love how it fleshes out the meaning of key words and sometimes puts them in a brand new light for me. Anyway, here are today's thoughts...

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient but only in Christ's sufficiency].
Philippians 4:13

I love that thought: that thanks to His empowerment I am up to meeting anything that comes my way--'cause things happen (or maybe it's just me again? :-)

It is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and delight.
Philippians 2:13

I love this thought: God is constantly, effectually, at work in me, creating in me both the actual want and the ability to please Him. He meets me WAY more than half-way: He not only gives me the strength, He gives me the very desire to seek His way, to seek Him. Now, how cool is that?

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.
Phil 1:6

I really love this as the parting thought: our God isn't a half-way God, He isn't a "gonna-leave-me-hangin' now-you're-on-your-own" kind of God. He who began this good work in us neither slumbers nor sleeps (a tip o' the hat to one of my favorite Psalms--121--check it out :-) He who began that good work in you, whatever it may be, will faithfully bring it to full completion...

It occurs to me (yet again) that God is good, and that's the truth.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: