Monday, June 11, 2007

Fail To Persevere?

Hey, Y'all,

Ran across this quote the other day and it resonated with me--'cause I'm sure I'm the only one who on occasion gets distracted by circumstances and can be discouraged and pout and (ironically) stay away from the only True Solution to whatever it is that ails me.

"There is no danger that the Lord will neglect the prayers of His people. The danger is that in temptation and trial they will become discouraged and fail to persevere in prayer."
Christ's Object Lessons p. 175

Key word, that--"persevere"--doesn't exactly imply a walk in the park but rather quite the opposite, no? Hmmm...I wonder, do I ever give up too quickly and mope? Do I fail to persevere in prayer while the winds and waves pick up and in moping fail to see a Lord ready and able to say, "Peace! Be still!"?

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: