Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From Him, Through Him, To Him...

Hey, Y'all,

Yeah, I know, I said we'd get back to Yancey's book on prayer this RST, but maybe it's the lack of sleep, or maybe it's the fact (like I told a friend of mine earlier: been waiting seems like forever to say) that I just got done with my final final finally (yep, fully embracing my inner geek tonight! can't take me anywhere :-) (hey, I did say I haven't been sleeping much of late, right?!?!).

Anyway, as I was saying, don't know what it is exactly, but I (not-so) randomly ran across this passage in Romans and it really really struck me--and interestingly enough, it does segue nicely back to Yancey's book as you'll see later. So here it is...

Oh, the depth of the riches
of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable His judgments,
and His paths beyond tracing out!

Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been His counselor?
Who has ever given to God,

that God should repay him?

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen.
Romans 11:33-36

Just...perfect for where my (somewhat addled) mind is tonight...

And you've been prayed for.

No comments: