Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back To Prayer

Hey, Y'all,

Well, another week is upon us--hope you're well-rested and good-to-go ('cause one way or the other, Monday's coming :-) Today's RST is short and sweet and segues us back to Yancey's book on prayer. It's a familiar text, Romans 8:26, a favorite verse of mine, 'cause, as we discussed in Sabbath School yesterday, I don't have all the facts. Not even close. I wish I did (I think); I often interpret circumstances and make decisions as if I do; but the truth is, I don't. Ever. So it's reassuring that God cuts us some slack (again :-) and meets us (more than) half-way:

God's Spirit is right alongside, helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.

Got any wordless sighs or aching groans? God's right there with you. Don't know how to pray or what to pray for? God's right there with you. Just stop for a second and tell Him about it.

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: