Monday, January 1, 2007

Feliz Año Nuevo! (Happy New Year!)

Hey, Y'all,

Feliz Año Nuevo from Bogotà, the capital of Colombia (for those who didn´t want to Google it). Hope y'all had the opportunity to ring in the new year with loved ones and much laughter like we did over here--my face still hurts.

For today´s RST I looked at what we wrote last year, and we're looking at more of Isaiah 43 (we touched on it last new year`s day but there`s lots more there). Here´s wishing you God`s blessing and His peace this coming year, and like we said last year: God is all about new years and new starts and new things...

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says:
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.

When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...

I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland...
Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland
so my chosen people can be refreshed.
I have made Israel for myself,
and they will someday honor me before the whole world...
I, yes, I alone, will blot out your sins for my own sake
and will never think of them again.
Let us review the situation together,
and you can present your case...



You`ve been prayed for today...

No comments: