Monday, January 22, 2007

Did I Get Through?

Hey, Y'all,

Ironically, I tried to send this out last night but was foiled by a balky network--it's another thought based on a quote from Yancey's book "Prayer."

Once I was traveling overseas, trying to send and retrieve e-mails from my laptop while the hotel's network kept cutting on and off. As I finally finished one message of particular importance and pressed "Send" just then (of course!) a warning popped up informing me that the network was down. "Is this how prayer works?" I asked myself. Don't we sometimes seem to merely send signals from this visible world to an invisible one in the hope that Someone over there is receiving them? Does He? Am I the only one who asks, "How will I know He has heard me?"

Yeah, I know, it's probably just Yancey (well, and me I suppose)--right? Stand by for more--he's just getting started (and you've been prayed for today).

No comments: