Sunday, November 5, 2006

AudioRST--"Morning Thought (Search Me)"

Hey, Y'all,

I was playing this song earlier this (crazy busy) week, rolling it over in my head and basically meditating on it--it's based on Psalm 139, a remarkable passage (these are verses 23,24):

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Test me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Lots to chew on and mull over--more on that later--but today it's the mere idea that He's interested enough in me and my mental state to sit and talk it over that I find mind-blowing. On the one hand, an incredibly vast and powerful God; on the other, an incredibly personable being who wants peace and joy for me. How cool is that?!? I also love David's request that His Lord lead him in the way everlasting...the implication of course being that that way of peace and joy everlasting is not one he can find nor follow consistently on his own...but I'm sure it's just David (and me), right?

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: