Monday, September 18, 2006

Yancey Quote Response -- God Is God: Is He Lord?

Hey, Y'all,

Network issues here at home kept me from getting this out the last couple of days, hope you had a restful weekend. Today's RST is the first of a two-part follow-up to the recent Yancey quote--thanks Dave D for this thought-provoking tidbit: "I have heard it said that 'If He isn't the LORD of your all, then He isn't LORD at all.'"

Hmmm...that's no joke there. Here are some things that came to mind...

Is there some aspect of my life, some thing, which I am unwilling to relinquish control of? Or relinquish in general?

Check out 'The Lord's Prayer' (Matthew 6 and Luke 11): why would Christ include that bit about "your will be done" in the "how-to handbook" for prayer?

Why are the first two commandments (Exodus 20) "Do not worship any other gods besides me" and "Do not make idols of any kind?" Are there "idols" in my life? Are there things I put above or before God? What has highest priority for me? Is something (or someone) else on the throne of my life, of my heart, of my mind?

Interesting questions--I'm thinking about 'em, how 'bout you?

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: