Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sustained, Not Shaken...

Hey, Y'all,

Got this from Michelle (pointing out how "coincidences" happen where God is)--thanks for sharing it with the list...

"I went on a walk today to spend some time with The Lord and I was just pouring out my heart and talking to him because lately I have been in a funk. After my morning walk I came home and opened my email and this was the verse for the day. It was perfect...EXACTLY what I needed. I thought others would enjoy knowing that God wants to hear about our problems and desires to be there for us. He is in love with us! Then I thought, well I am not perfect and mess up all the time and maybe He is unhappy with me...Then the thought flooded in, 'It's not because of who you are--it's because of who He is!' And we can meditate on that and come boldly before Him in prayer--knowing we don't deserve it--and thank Him for loving us while we were yet sinners. That's a pretty amazing concept. He made everything and knows about everything that is happening in the world and yet--He still has the longing (and ability) to talk one on one with each of us. Now this is LOVE..."

Cast your burdens upon the LORD and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

Psalm 55:22

(Thanks, Michelle)

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: