Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wise Men

Hey, Y'all,

Today's RST is based on a thought by PurposeDrivenLife.com's John Fischer...

I normally don’t like bumper stickers, especially with Christian slogans, because they so often seem to trivialize the message; but one exception stands out. It usually shows up around Christmastime, and it is the simple but profound assertion:
"WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM."


It's amazing to think that those who seek God are given the benefit of the doubt, that if they seek Him, they will find Him. This is more than just wishful thinking, it's actually a promise in Scripture: “He rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6), and Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." How cool is that? So here again, if you're feeling a little brave today, pray this prayer with me: 'Father, teach me, help me learn what this 'seeking you' is all about--especially the part about "earnestly" and "with all my heart." I need you in my life--in fact, I need you in charge of my life. Amen.'

You've been prayed for today...

No comments: